We will continue to update this page with new details and procedures for COVID and Camp.
COVID-19 UPDATE: I will post a video on Facebook again this year, a week before summer camp explaining many of these details.
As of now we will be planning 2 days at the pool! (Tues, and Thurs)
- We will NOT be able to change at the pool this year, so we will change before we leave, or you could send your camper in their swim gear on these days. We will also get the kids out of the pool early enough to dry off before we head back to the church.
- We will offer Scuba again this year and you can sign up throughout the week. It is an extra 45$ to do this.
- Kids will be on teams of nine again this year and split up into 4 leagues. (This will keep group size small)
- Each league will stay together for the entire week and even have their own bus when going to the pool, to ensure as little mixing of groups as possible.
- We will have drop off and pick up like we did last year where we will drive through and just have parents drop their campers off and pick up the same way. On the first day we will drop everyone off at the same location, and pick up. The rest of the week each league will have their own location for drop off and pick up to make it faster.
- You may send a lawn chair or this year a beach towel that we will use to social distance the campers each day during lunch and group time. They will be able to leave their chair at camp each day if they would like.
- We ask that you send a packed lunch each day that is in a container or lunch box. Something that can be sent back home each day with the trash in it. We are not going to be having places to have trashed thrown away each day.
- Bring a water bottle each day that can be filled up at the drinking fountain if needed, but kids will not be able to drink from the fountains.
- Please make sure to apply and send sun screen each day.
- Please send a small container of hand sanitizer for your camper to use each day.
- We will have temperature checks each day and you please do the same before you come each morning to make sure your child is feeling ok. If they are not please keep them home.
- We will wash hands every 30-45 minutes as well as disinfect all equipment at the same time.
- We will be outside as much as possible and will also use shaded areas to ensure the campers do not overheat.
- We will disinfect all common areas like doors, bathrooms, drinking fountain each day on the hour.
- If you would like your camper to wear a mask the entire time please let us know
- We will have the campers wear mask when they are first dropped off and picked up each day
- We will have the kids wear mask when they go inside to use the restroom or play an indoor game (much like we did last year)
- We will have the kids wear mask on the bus on the way to the pool and home each day
- When we are broke up outside playing games the kids will NOT be required to wear their mask (In the hot temperature I do not believe this is safe)
- Coaches will wear mask during the same time as the campers. Once we are outside and up and running coaches will be allowed to take mask off since they will be able to stay 6 ft away and also for safety reasons as coaches need to be able to be heard and talk to many campers at all different locations.
- During your child's week of camp we ask you to keep them home at night as much as possible!
- This will help isolate them from bringing anything outside of camp in.
- If your child becomes ill please let us know ASAP so we can take the proper steps to trace and communicate with campers they were with.
- We will do everything we can to have camp each day. With rules we have now if we would have a day that called for nothing but storms all day we would have to cancel. We had this in place last year and never had to use it.
- Much like a "snow day" we just are not able to have that many kids inside all day.
- We would also use a "2 hr delay" if needed to let storms pass through.
- We will play in just rain! But storms we cannot.
- Please check the website and Facebook on days of bad weather for communication.
- Thank you for your support as we move forward with summer camps in 2021!!!
- Over our 5 weeks of camp during June and July of 2020, we served over 800 campers and had ZERO COVID-19 complications!!!
- Our camp families did a great job following the plan which was researched and implemented by our staff in order to meet Federal, State and Local health protocols -- we are excited to do so in 2021 as well!!!
- Based on our track record, you can count on us to continue to put in the hours of research and discussions with medical and recreational professionals regarding how to modify our daily schedule and routines, in order to make 2021 both safe and fun for every camper!!!
- TOGETHER, we can make the "new normal" a great experience for everyone involved, regardless of the circumstances!!!
Here are the basics of what goes into an AMAZING week!
- We are not a glorified "recess" style camp, our days are highly structured with lesson plans involving activities which are designed to elicit specific outcomes.
- Unlike most camps that focus on only one activity, we play a variety of games, take field trips (pending COVID restrictions), and fully engage every camper in character-building experiences that will instill confidence and teach life lessons.
- Our activities help level the playing field and prove every camper's value (brains and/or brawn) to their team!
- Offered to kids entering grades K-8, designed for developmentally appropriate competitions.
- Each camp is 1 week, Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM - 3:45 PM
- Camp Director and "Coaches" are licensed teachers with extensive experience both teaching and coaching.