CAMP IS HERE!!!
Things to remember:
We have posted details and videos explaining everything on our Facebook page. This is a great place to be connected with, in order to get all communication. Search group "Sandlot Sports Camp" and join!
On Monday the first day please remember to bring:
Emergency medical form
Lawn chair or towel to sit on (chair can be left at church each night)
Small hand sanitizer
money for concession (optional)
Scuba money if you are wanting to sign up (optional)
We plan to go to pool on Tues, but we have water games each day so make sure they wear things that are ok to get wet:)
COVID-19 UPDATE: I will post a video on Facebook again this year, a week before summer camp explaining many of these details.
As of now we will be planning 1 day at the pool! and 1 at Gymnastics (Tues, and Thurs)
- We will NOT be able to change at the pool this year, so we will change before we leave, or you could send your camper in their swim gear on these days. We will also get the kids out of the pool early enough to dry off before we head back to the church.
- We will offer Scuba again this year and you can sign up throughout the week. It is an extra 45$ to do this.
- The campers will be on 4 teams and will play against each other much like we use to do! We are getting back the the "old" way we ran camp:)
- We will have drop off and pick up like we did last year where we will drive through and just have parents drop their campers off and pick up the same way. On the first day we will drop everyone off at the same location, and pick up. The rest of the week each league will have their own location for drop off and pick up to make it faster.
- You may send a lawn chair or this year a beach towel that we will use to social distance the campers each day during lunch and group time. They will be able to leave their chair at camp each day if they would like.
- We ask that you send a packed lunch each day that is in a container or lunch box.
- Bring a water bottle each day that can be filled up at the drinking fountain if needed, but kids will not be able to drink from the fountains.
- Please make sure to apply and send sun screen each day.
- Please send a small container of hand sanitizer for your camper to use each day.
- We will wash hands every 30-45 minutes as well as disinfect all equipment at the same time.
- We will be outside as much as possible and will also use shaded areas to ensure the campers do not overheat.
- We will disinfect all common areas like doors, bathrooms, drinking fountain each day on the hour.
- If you would like your camper to wear a mask the entire time please let us know, but mask will not be required!
- We will not require mask when we are outside at any time. Staff or campers.
- We will have the kids wear mask on the bus on the way to the pool and home each day.
- During your child's week of camp if they do not feel well please keep them home!
- If your child becomes ill please let us know ASAP so we can take the proper steps to trace and communicate with campers they were with.
- We will do everything we can to have camp each day. With rules we have now if we would have a day that called for nothing but storms all day we would have to cancel. We had this in place last year and never had to use it.
- Much like a "snow day" we just are not able to have that many kids inside all day.
- We would also use a "2 hr delay" if needed to let storms pass through.
- We will play in just rain! But storms we cannot.
- Please check the website and Facebook on days of bad weather for communication.
- Thank you for your support as we move forward with summer camps in 2021!!!
- Over our 5 weeks of camp during June and July of 2020, we served over 800 campers and had ZERO COVID-19 complications!!!
- Our camp families did a great job following the plan which was researched and implemented by our staff in order to meet Federal, State and Local health protocols -- we are excited to do so in 2021 as well!!!
- Based on our track record, you can count on us to continue to put in the hours of research and discussions with medical and recreational professionals regarding how to modify our daily schedule and routines, in order to make 2021 both safe and fun for every camper!!!
- TOGETHER, we can make the "new normal" a great experience for everyone involved, regardless of the circumstances!!!
Here are the basics of what goes into an AMAZING week!
- We are not a glorified "recess" style camp, our days are highly structured with lesson plans involving activities which are designed to elicit specific outcomes.
- Unlike most camps that focus on only one activity, we play a variety of games, take field trips (pending COVID restrictions), and fully engage every camper in character-building experiences that will instill confidence and teach life lessons.
- Our activities help level the playing field and prove every camper's value (brains and/or brawn) to their team!
- Offered to kids entering grades K-8, designed for developmentally appropriate competitions.
- Each camp is 1 week, Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM - 3:45 PM
- Camp Director and "Coaches" are licensed teachers with extensive experience both teaching and coaching.